Bucks County Herald

County reopens Valley Park Road Bridge



With township Supervisor Dan Hilferty and Bucks County Director of Operations Kevin Spencer standing by, County Commissioner Charles Martin cuts the ribbon for the reopening of Bridge No. 152.

County Commissioner Charles H. Martin cut the ribbon and reopened County Bridge No. 152 following repairs and upgrades.

The bridge carries Valley Park Road over the North Branch of the Neshaminy Creek in Plumstead Township. The township was represented during the event by Dan Hilferty of Plumstead Township, and Bucks County Director of Operation Kevin Spencer also was on hand. The bridge was taken out of service in April to perform the repairs.

Bridge No. 152 was built in 1924 and is a single-span, concrete encased steel T-beam bridge with bituminous riding surface and concrete abutments. The bridge allows for two lanes of traffic across and measures 34 feet long and 18 feet wide.

J.P.S. Construction Company, Inc. of Glenside completed the construction, while engineering and design was done by McCormick Taylor of Exton. The total bid cost for construction was $283,931.




www.buckscountyherald.com

Copyright ©2018 Bucks County Herald, Inc. All rights reserved.